Wednesday, February 18, 2004

A Somewhat Sing Songy Poem of Sorts

This is not going to be a typical entry for me so feel free to not read it. It is a poem I wrote in my head on my way home tonight. And to my readers who may think you know to what this is all in reference, chances are you do not. I'll explain later, NN.

************************************************************
A Simpler Place in Time

What I would not give to go back to fifteen
When things that I now know had not yet been seen.

When this "lifestyle" had meaning, though not based on truth
Back to the paragon of innocence, the ignorance of youth.

When statistics were statistics. Only numbers, nothing more.
Before I became a number pinned down on that floor.

When the worth of a man was most often based
On his actions and character. Not his wallet and face.

Before keybumps and nosebleeds, blackouts and debt
Before heartache. Before sorrow. Before withdrawal. Before regret.

Back to romantic visions of forbidden bliss
Before reality ordered these visions dismissed

No tomorrow's tomorrow, the future never quite here
And tomorrow's yesterday, remaining a month and a year.

Oh, what I would not give to go back to fifteen!
When things that I now know had not yet been seen.
************************************************************

Okay that is all I am writing for tonight.