Monday, August 02, 2004

Oh Ellen

So I just started reading a prelesbian book by Ellen Degeneres, My Point...And I do have One. I love Ellen. She always makes me laugh like a madman. Well, as I know no diagnosed madmen, I can only assume I laugh the same way they do. I also must assume that they laugh alot. I digress. I went outside to have a quick cigarette and read. There were a few poeple outside. They were talking about the weather or tree bark or something, so I was able to easily tune them all out. I was reading a letter of apology that was written by Ellen to one of her friends. She was apologizing about having shaved the friend's dog. I found this amusing, but was able to keep from laughing aloud. When she mentioned the bathing suit, however, I blurted out the loudest most embarassing cackle I could muster. The lady sitting next to me looked at me as though I had offended her in some way. It was then that I realized that the context of their conversation had nothing to do with bark afterall. She was, in fact, talking about her recently deceased friend whose son had run his father's company into the ground. Apparently, I did not tune it out enough. I did, however, snuff out my cigarette, excuse myself, and go back inside the whole time trying to force my face to return to its normal pale complexion instead of its current hot pink.

Later Consuela.