Saturday, September 25, 2004

Back to the Box

I read a couple of these, a couple being around fifty, and decided to put them on here. A few made me laugh out loud. Conceited? Of course.

If you read the entry below this it explains the quote and comment setup. Well, even if you don't read it, it is still there explaining it. I mean it is not going to change just because you won't read it, dumbass.

And now, it is time once more for One from the Box.
*************************************************************************************
Quote Group One:

People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.
- Joseph Fort Newton


Bridges can fall. Walls can also fall, but they're a lot stronger. I like to build walls. It's fun. Walls make you more mysterious. Bridges are just there. You go across and then, well, there is no 'and then.' You just go across. That's boring. With walls, you get to at least wonder what's on the other side.


Quote Group Two:

What is intended as a little white lie often ends up as a double feature in technicolor.
-Madena R. Wallingford


When you lie, you always get sucked so deeply into it that, before you know it, you are fighting Jewish Nazis on a spaceship that abducted you and Liza Manelli. Unless, of course, you are a master at lying. I am a master. I can usually lie my way out of anything. It's a gift.


Quote Group Three:

To some people, a tree is a tree is something so incredibly beautiful that it brings tears to the eyes. To others, it is just a green thing that stands in the way.
-William Blake


Trees are quite large. I love trees. They don't make me cry, though. I'm sure if one fell on me I'd cry. Or die. I want to be a tree hugger.


Quote Group Four:

To understand any living thing, you must, so to say, creep within and feel the beating of its heart.
-W. Macneile Dixon


I cut open a dead cow once and felt of its heart. I also slept inside the cow. It's really warm and toasty. I likey the cowy.


Quote Group Five:

Instead of crying over spilt milk, go milk another cow.
-Anonymous


I had fresh milk when I slept in that cow that time. It was good milk. It tasted funny. I can't figure out why.


Quote Group Six:

If you miss seven balls out of ten, you're batting three hundred, and that's good enough for the Hall of Fame. You can't score if you keep the bat on your shoulder.
-Walter B. Wriston


Just because you are no good at something doesn't mean you shouldn't try. If you never try, you can never improve. If you never improve, your peers will never stop making fun of you. That will lead to homicide which will lead to prison. Basically, if you never try things, you'll go to prison.


Quote Group Seven:

I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns.
-Sir Winston Churchill


I like dark colors. They are morbid according to most people. I don't see it that way. Without dark colors, there would be no night. We wouldn't have dark chocolate. We would be stuck in a world of pink bunnies and daisies and a lot of happy puffy clouds dancing a lilly-loo to the melody of the Sea of Tranquility. On South Park, the Devil said, "Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes." Not to say that dark colors mean you are evil. I'm not saying that it doesn't either. I don't know what I am saying. Nevermind.


Quote Group Eight:

Wisdom never kicks at the iron walls it can't bring down.
-Olive Schreiner

Blow not against the hurricane.
-Proverb


I don't agree with, "Blow not against the hurricane." To me, that says, "Go with the flow." I think to even suggest that is ridiculous. It also means don't go against something you cannot possibly beat. I think everything has a weakness. The trick is finding that weakness. Once it's found, use it to bring that thing down. Don't be scared. So, if someone is bothering you, hit them where it hurts. If your boss is being a pain, get him fired. If you live in Florida and there is a hurricane on your front porch, well, don't blow against it. You should have already evacuated, idiot.

*************************************************************************************

Later Consuela.