Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Quickie Quote

I am reading a book by Gregory Maguire entitled Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West. It is all I have been talking about lately. Well, not all, but I do keep rattling on and on about it. Sort of a period fantasy novel. It tells the "true story" of Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West, and how she wasn't actually wicked, just misunderstood. It is really really good. Elphaba reminds me alot of Daria Morgandorfer (not sure about that spelling) from the MTV toon Daria. She is so dry and "matter of fact" about everyting, but hell, she grew up green for Lurline's sake! (READ IT) It makes me happy and stuff. Finally another book that is causing me to go on my nightly drug deliveries through the hospital while trying to not run into anyone, drop any meds, and somehow balance the book open. I can't put it down. I am only doing this one (I might add to it later) to write down a quote from the book.

"I've told you before, I don't comprehend religion, although conviction is a concept I'm beginning to get. In any case, someone with a real religious conviction is, I propose, a religious convict, and deserves locking up." - Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West), Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, Gregory Maguire

Later Consuela.