Friday, May 25, 2007

I Want Money

So I have officially decided what I am going to do with my life. No more changing my mind. No more wishing on a star. No more big plans of fame. Nope. I have settled. Done. Finished. Seatbelt fastened. Tray upright. Kapote. Oy vey.

I will be a nurse. I have a plan that all works out some years down the road. Makes perfect sense too. Not sure why I waited so long to go thru with this. Everyone keeps telling me I will hate it or that I am settling or they ask about the art school crap. Frankly, I give up. Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results. After seven years, art school is obviously not happening for me. I hate what I do now for the most part, but I have been doing it for seven fucking years. If I can slave for practically no money for practically a decade, why not try to possibly slave for what will definitely be an increase in pay? EXACTLY. There is no good reason I should not just settle for nursing. I have a seven year long record of being a hospital employee. I know how the show is being run at this point. Why not? Well, why not go to pharmacy school? That makes a whole lot more sense to me. Afterall, you have seven fucking years of pharmacy experience. Well, because in the time I have been working as a tech, I could have already become a pharmacist. At this point, what with being 26 when I begin school and all this fall...ya'll...I wouldn't be a pharmacist until I am 32 at the earliest and would be making roughly $90,000 dollars money at that time. Up until I become a pharmacist six years from now, I will continue to scrape by on what I am making now. If I take the nursing route, however comma space I will be making pretty good money within two years and can be a nurse anesthetist within about seven and making more than a pharmacist. The biggest perk being that I do not have to wait as long before I can begin making some money. So that is why I shall be a NURSE!!! I have had to go thru that whole explanation about a billion times in the past two weeks. It has gotten old. From now on, I will be directing any inquiries about the decision to this page. Moving on...

So I've been reading an excellent series of books called the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde. Actually, I don't know if it is officially called the Thursday Next series, but that it what it is nonetheless. Actually I just checked on Amazon. Apparently they are the Thursday Next Novels which to me is not really any different. At any rate, everyone should read them. I know. You probably thought there was more to say than that, but there is not. Well, I suppose I could go into the plot of the books, but I don't want to. Just read them. They make me happy. It is a brit comedy/fantasy/sci-fi/detective series full of classic literature references and general bizarre funness. It is awesome on sex on a stick. Testify!

I really have nothing else to talk about. Watched Twin Peaks recently. Loved it. Was disappointed that the show ended on a cliff. Watched Carnivale complete series again. Still can't believe that they ended that one. I am on the last season of MacGyver right now, so it is almost time to say goodbye to the Macker. I am about to start watching the complete H.R. Pufnstuf and the complete Wind in the Willows. Why not. Also, if I had a job that paid more suchas being a nurse, I could afford to go out and whatnot and not always be broke. What? Also, Father O'Flannigan has befriended Aladdin's Abu, I think because Abu has money from the movies and television show whereas I am broke like the joke as Mariran says, so until his primate runs away or dies, I am stuck in my TV fantasy world. That is so pathetic. Father O, I miss you so....

Later Consuela.